Apple Crepes ( Healthy Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 71 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 54089 times
Here is an exotic dish that is an ideal pick for special occasions. Apples are rich in fibre, making this dish acceptable for diabetics too. Crepes come out well when made with plain flour, as done in this recipe. I have also used low fat butter, which is easily available in the market today – it is good for use in such desserts where butter is required for texture and flavour.
- Combine the plain flour, cornflour, milk, salt and ¼ cup of water in a bowl, mix well till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Grease a non-stick pan with the butter and pour 2 tbsp of the batter, tilt the pan around quickly so that the batter coats the pan evenly.
- When the sides starts to peel off, turn the pancake around and cook the other side for a few seconds.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 4 more pancakes. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan, add the apple slices, sugar substitute, cinnamon, lemon juice and 2 tbsp of water and mix well.
- Cook on a medium flame till the apple slices are cooked, stirring once in between.
- Divide the apple filling into 5 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Place a pancake on a dry, flat surface and place a portion of the apple filling on one half of the pancake.
- Fold the pancake over the filling to make a semi circle.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 4 more crepes.
- Serve immediately.
- Do not overcook the apples as the filling will become soggy, making it difficult to serve the crepes.
|Energy||Protein||Carbohydrates||Fat||Vitamin A||Vitamin C||Fibre|
| 99 calories|| 2.3 gm|| 19.4 gm|| 1.3 gm|| 79.2 mcg|| 2.1 mg|| 1.1 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.