Antipasto Duo ( Exotic Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 37 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23278 times
As the name suggests, this is a combination of two starters, ideally served before a main course of pasta! both these starters are served together as a platter… the paneer is marinated in lemon juice and flavoured with honey and garlic while the vegetables are delectably drenched in herbs and lemon juice.
Serve this platter with herbed pizza squares for a sumptuous starter. The interesting combination of lemon, honey and herbs in the dressing is what makes this starter and real five-starrer! However being a little high on the calorie and protein scale, it should be had in restricted serving size and as an occasional treat.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the paneer, in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the paneer and toss well. Cover and refrigerate for about 2 to 3 hours.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), place the capsicum skin side down and cook till the skin blisters and turns black.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside covered with a damp kitchen towel for 5 minutes.
- Peel away the skin and cut each capsicum piece into cubes. Keep aside.
- Combine the oil, lemon juice, basil, parsley and salt together in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the capsicum and baby corn, toss well and keep aside to marinate for at least 2 to 3 hours. Keep refrigerated.
- Just before serving, arrange the lemon honey marinated cottage cheese and herb marinated capsicum and baby corn on a large serving platter.
- Remember to drain out the excess juices from all the marinated ingredients. However remember to drain only the excess and not all the juices, so that all the ingredients remain succulent.
|Energy|| 256 calories|
|Protein|| 18.6 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 40.5 gm|
|Fat|| 3.6 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 1381.2 mcg|
|Vitamin C|| 74.0 mg|
|Iron|| 1.0 mg|
|Fibre|| 2.0 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.