Anjeer Halwa ( Mughlai Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 39 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31415 times
Dried anjeer is truly delicious even when eaten by itself. Here is a recipe of a scrumptious anjeer halwa that uses loads of almonds. Milk powder is used in this recipe improving its texture and adding a unique flavour. Adjust the sugar content based on the sweetness of the figs and the milk powder used.
- Pat-dry the peeled almonds on a towel and then blend in a mixer to a fine powder.
- Heat 2 cups of water in a pan, add the figs and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drain and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep heavy-bottomed pan, add the powdered almonds and sauté over a medium flame for about 2 minutes.
- Add the puréed figs, milk powder, sugar and ½ cup of water and cook for about 5 minutes till the sugar is completely dissolved, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with almonds.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.