Anjeer Halwa ( Mithai Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 300 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 102534 times
Richness personified, the Anjeer Halwa is a really striking dessert made of puréed figs, powdered almonds and milk powdered, cooked with ghee and a little bit of sugar to add to the natural sweetness of figs. The almonds and figs complement each other beautifully in flavour and texture, while the milk powder and ghee give a very luxuriant mouth-feel and flavour to this halwa. Every spoonful of this luscious dessert will be truly memorable.
- Boil enough water in a saucepan, add the figs, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till they turn soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Drain it using a strainer.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using approx. ¼ cup of water. Keep the fis purée aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the powdered almonds, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the puréed figs, milk powder, sugar and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with almond slivers.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.