Anjeer Halwa ( Mithai Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 283 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 66194 times
A sumptuous halwa to which the addition of ground almonds lends a smooth texture.
- Cook the figs in boiling water for about 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and puree them in a food processor. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a heavy bottomed pan, add the powdered almonds and saute over a medium flame for about 2 minutes.
- Add the pureed figs, milk powder, sugar with 1/2 cup of water and cook for about 5 minutes till the sugar has dissolved, stirring continuously.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Serve hot, garnished with slivered almonds.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.