by Tarla Dalal
Added to 219 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 62017 times
The Anjeer Barfi has everything that a mithai ideally should have – rich mouth-feel, lingering flavour and enticing aroma! The best part, however, is that, it is very easy to make.
Provided you have a few hours on hand to let the mithai set, this one is a no-brainer. Proper proportions of anjeer, mava, nuts and other ingredients ensure that this sweet takes less than 10 minutes to cook!
Yet, it is so exotic that it is one of the first sweets you should consider preparing for a grand festive Occasion .
- Combine the dried figs, sugar and ½ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till all the water evaporates, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the mava, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the ghee and cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes or till the mixture turns light brown in colour, while stirring continuously.
- Add the mixed nuts, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the mixture in a 150 mm. (6?) diameter greased plate and flatten it evenly using the back of a spoon. Keep aside at room temperature for 2 hours or till it sets.
- Cut into 9 equal square pieces.
- Serve immediately or store refrigerated in an air-tight container.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.