Andhra Pesarattu with Ginger Chutney
Added to 36 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 117205 times
Andhra pesarattu or green moong dal dosa is a delicious lentil based pancake recipe which is best enjoyed with a spicy ginger chutney. Prepare the andhra pesarattu with ginger chutney as a healthy breakfast option
- Heat the oil and add the red chillies, urad dal and ginger and saute on a medium flame for a minute.
- Cool and blend in a mixer along with coconut, jaggery, tamarind and salt till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat a the oil for the tempering add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, ,pour the tempering over the grounded chutney, mix well and keep aside.
- Wash the moong dal 2 or 3 times, and soak in enough water for 2 hours.
- Drain the moong dal and blend in a mixer along with onion , ginger and green chillies to a smooth batter.
- Add the rice flour and salt, mix it well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and green chillies and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the topping in 4 portions, keep aside.
- Heat a dosa pan, pour a spoonful of the batter and spread it from the centre, add a little oil around.
- On the pesarattu, spread one portion of the topping mixture, and slightly press with the flat spoon.
- Cook till the pesarattu becomes crisp and also cook the other top.
- Repeat the same process to make more pesarattu with the remaining batter and topping.
- Fold and serve hot with ginger chutney.
This recipe was contributed by v_saj on 13 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.