Added to 75 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20816 times
Amlana is a delicious Rajasthani drink made with tamarind pulp, perked up with spices like pepper and cardamom. The addition of black salt imparts a wonderful flavour, which is further enhanced by the minty garnish. Chill this drink really well before serving!
- Combine the tamarind and 1 cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 2 hours.
- Transfer the tamarind-water mixture in a mixer and blend till smooth. Squeeze and strain the pulp in a deep bowl using a muslin cloth.
- Add the powdered sugar, pepper powder, cardamom powder, black salt, salt and 3 cups of water and mix well.
- Refrigerate for atleast 1 hour.
- Pour equal quantities of the drink into 4 individual glasses and serve chilled garnished with mint leaves.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.