Amiri Khaman, Gujarati Sev Khamani Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 557 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 128714 times
Amiri khaman is nothing but a spicy tea-time snack made of crumbled khaman dhoklas tempered with garlic and mixed with pomegranate seeds and coconut.
Why, we can even say that this recipe was invented with the intention of making good use of leftover khaman dhoklas! Serve garnished with sev and relish the unique flavour of this quick recipe. Those who do not like garlic can omit it.
Here are some more Gujarati farsan recipes like Doodhi Muthia , Rice Panki , Dakor na Gota , Damni Dhokla , Ghughra and Khandvi that can be had as a snack or as a side dish to complement the main course.
- Crumble the dhoklas in a bowl and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the garlic and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Pour this tempering over the crumbled dhoklas and mix well.
- Add the sugar, pomegranate seeds, coriander and coconut and mix well.
- Just before serving, add the sev and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.