Ami Kozhakatai ( Weight Loss After Pregnancy )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 38 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 67932 times
Delicately seasoned with simple spices, this is one dish that you will relish. I have added only 1 tsp of coconut to bring down the calories, making this a sumptuous, healthy breakfast when compared to the coconut laden south indian original.
- Combine the rice flour, salt and 1¾ cups of water in a bowl and mix well to a smooth batter of pouring consistency.
- Grease a non-stick kadhai using ¼ tsp of oil, pour the batter in it and cook on a medium flame, while stirring continuously till it leaves the sides of the kadhai and resembles a dough. Keep aside.
- Remove on a greased thali and knead (while hot) using ¼ tsp of oil till smooth.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Rub ¼ tsp of oil on your hands, divide the dough into 35 to 40 equal portions (small) and shape each into round balls. Steam in a idli steamer for 5 to 7 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tsp of oil in another non-stick kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal, red chillies, asafoetida and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the steamed rice balls, toss well and cook on a medium flame for another minute, serve hot garnished with coconut and coriander.
|Energy|| 161 Calories|
|Protein|| 2.9 Gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 30.1 Gm|
|Fat|| 3.2 Gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.