Aloo Tuk ( Kebabs and Tikkis Recipes)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 55 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 43350 times
This interestingly named starter is a traditional Sindhi delicacy, made of baby potatoes. Deep-fried and flattened baby potatoes are tossed with a simple yet effective masala prepared with readily available ingredients. The Aloo Tuk is sure to take your taste buds on an enjoyable roller coaster ride!
- Wash the baby potatoes very well and parboil them in salted water. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai on a medium flame and deep-fry the potatoes till they are cooked. Drain on absorbent paper and allow them to cool for a while.
- Press each potato between the palms of your hands to flatten them and deep-fry again in the same hot oil till they are golden brown in colour from both sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper and then place them on a serving plate.
- Sprinkle the masala powder on top and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.