Aloo Pethe ka Saag
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 104 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34719 times
Potatoes and pumpkin (petha) are favourite vegetables of the Rajasthanis and feature in different ways in their meals. Aloo Pethe ka Saag cooked with whole spices and curds can be relished with plain or stuffed puris. The addition of fennel gives this vegetable its characteristic Rajasthani flavour.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the bayleaves, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, nigella seeds, mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curds, asafoetida, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder and turmeric powder, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes, pumpkin, salt and ½ cup of water and mix well. Coverwith a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the dried mango powder and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.