by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 340 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 349399 times
Potato is everyone's favourite. This aloo partaha is filling and tasty and when eaten with pickle and curds it taste even better. A must try!!
- Sieve the flours with the salt.
- Add the ghee and mix well. Add enough water and make a semi-soft dough. Keep aside.
- Mash the potatoes coarsely or cut into very small pieces. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a vessel, add the cumin seeds and onion; and fry for at least 3 minutes.
- Add the green chillies and fry again for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, salt, coriander, chilli powder and amchur powder. Mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- Cook the mixture. Keep aside.
- Knead the dough and divide into 10 portions.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle of 125 mm. (5") diameter.
- Place one portion of the prepared filling in the center of the dough circle.
- Bring togeather all the sides in the center and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 125 mm. (5") diameter with the help of a little flour.
- Cook the paratha on a tava (griddle), using a little ghee until both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and filling to make more parathas.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.