Aloo Mutter Korma
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 215 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 141402 times
The traditional aloo-mutter combination is here in a new zero oil avatar, tasty as ever! Refrigerate boiled potatoes and boiled green peas and make this subzi in just a few minutes anytime you wish to.
Since green peas are crammed with fibre, it is indeed a health treat for your heart, as fibre helps to remove excess fat (cholesterol) from the body.
Serve this semi-dry subzi along with Dahiwali Toovar Dal , Sprouts and Veggie Salad , Phulkas and Cooked Rice for a satiating oil free meal.
- Heat a non-stick kadhai on a medium flame and when hot, add the cumin seeds and dry roast for about 10 seconds.
- Add the onions and cook till they turn brown while stirring continuously.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste, garlic paste and tomatoes and simmer till the tomatoes are cooked.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, sugar, peas and potatoes and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water and salt and simmer till the gravy thickens.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 89 kcal|
|Protein|| 3.9 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 17.9 gm|
|Invisible Fat|| 0.2gm|
|Fibre|| 2.1 gm|
|Potassium|| 194.3 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.