Aloo Methi ( Punjabi Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 199 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 428749 times
This winning combination of potatoes and fresh fenugreek leaves, in a dry curry form, is very common in every north indian home.
- Wash the fenugreek leaves and chop them finely. Sprinkle some salt over them and keep aside for about half an hour.
- Squeeze out all the water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the garlic, ginger, red chillies and salt.
- Add the potatoes and stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add the fenugreek leaves, coriander powder, turmeric powder and asafoetida. Cook covered for 10 minutes on a low flame.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.