by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 79 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41981 times
This dish uses the highly appreciated ingredient shahjeera or caraway seeds that impart a wonderful flavour to the gravy. A thick paste is made with cashewnuts and added to the gravy for thickening. You can adjust the quantity of milk to balance out the sourness of the curds and to bring the gravy to the required consistency.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the potatoes till golden brown. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- In the same oil, fry the cashewnuts till golden brown. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai and add the caraway seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions, cashewnuts, turmeric powder, kitchen king masala and chilli powder and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the cashewnut paste and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the curds, milk, salt and ½ cup of water and allow it to come to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with cashewnuts and coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.