Aloo Gobi ke Parathe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 79 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 115697 times
Every one loves the traditional aloo ka Paratha and a lot of us thoroughly enjoy the occasional Gobi ka Paratha. The Punjabis in their ingenious way have invented this delectable combination that everyone can enjoy. Boiled and mashed aloo and Gobi are combined with the essential Punjabi masalas to create this wonderful Punjabi Paratha. Using whole wheat flour instead of plain flour or Maida makes this Parathas healthy and tasty. Only a little oil has been used to cook the Parathas but for those of you who want experience Punjabi food in all its glory, adding a dollop of ghee or fresh home-made butter would be a great option!
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a soft, smooth dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cauliflower and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes till the mixture is dry.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chaat masala and salt and mix well.
- Add the potatoes and sauté for another 2 to 3 minutes or till the mixture dries.
- Cool completely and divide the stuffing into 5 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle of 75 mm. (3") diameter using whole wheat flour.
- Place one portion of the aloo gobi stuffing in the centre of the circle. Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 150 mm. (6") diameter using whole wheat flour.
- Cook on a hot tava (griddle), using a little oil, until both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 4 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.