Aloo Baingan Subzi
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 170962 times
This simple and tasty aloo baingan subzi is a subtly spiced vegetable recipe with diced aloo or potatoes stir fried with chopped baigan or brinjals. Enjoy the aloo baigan with phulkas.
Add your private note
Aloo Baingan Subzi recipe - How to make Aloo Baingan Subzi
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 3 servings
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add garlic, ginger and the slit green chilli. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and saute till light brown. Remove the green chili and keep aside.
- Add the tomatoes and saute till the oil seperates and tomato pieces are cooked.
- Add the turmeric powder, mix well. Add the red chili powder,coriander and cumin powder. Mix well.
- Add the potato pieces and saute for few minutes.
- Add brinjal pieces and saute for few minutes.
- Add 1-2 cups of water gradually, mix well and cover and cook on a slow flame till the potatoes and brinjal are cooked.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by manju_bijoy on 14 Apr 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.