Almond and Orange Marmalade Tart
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 102 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22962 times
Marmalade-coated apple slices baked to perfection in an almond tart, the almond and orange marmalade tart is a recipe worth a lot of praise! the almond tart in this recipe is a delicacy in its own right as it makes use of almond powder. The use of marmalade and lemon juice gives the tart a nice glazed finish, making it all the more appetising!
- Sieve the flour and salt together in a plate.
- Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips and add the sugar and almonds and mix well.
- Gradually add ice-cold water (approx. 3 tbsp) and knead well to make stiff dough. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the apples, lemon juice, sugar and orange marmalade in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Knead the dough again and divide it into 10 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion on a dusted rolling board into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle and place the circle into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter tart case. Press the circle gently around the sides of the tart case.
- Repeat step 7 to make 9 more tarts.
- Prick all over the tarts with the help of a fork and sprinkle equal quantity of biscuit crumbs in each tart case.
- Put 1½ tbsp of the apple filling in each tart case and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 20 to 25 minutes or till the tart cases are golden brown in colour.
- Serve immediately garnished with a dollop of beaten whipped cream.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.