Almond Til Chikki
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 72 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 50582 times
Crunchy munchy chikkis! Who can say no to them, or stop with just one for that matter! These healthy chikkis will not only make your children happy but also meet their calcium requirement.
- Heat a non-stick pan, add the sesame seeds and almonds and roast over a slow flame till they turn light golden in colour. Remove and keep aside to cool.
- Heat the ghee in the same pan, add the jaggery and simmer over a slow flame while stirring continuously, till the jaggery melts and caramelizes and forms a hard ball when you add a drop in a bowlful of cold water. Remove from the flame.
- Add the roasted sesame seeds and almonds and mix thoroughly.
- When slightly cool, divide the mixture into 10 equal pieces and shape each portion into rounds or mould into desire shapes, using different moulds or cookie cutters as shown in the picture.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.