Almond Soup, Badam Soup, Badam Ka Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 101 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 80049 times
Almonds are special because the effect they have on our palate is unusual. While their richness is intoxicating, their mildly nutty flavour is very soothing at the same time.
Naturally, a soup made with this wonderful ingredient is nothing short of a special treat. While the blanching and de-skinning of almonds takes a bit of time, the actual preparation of the soup is very easy and quick, so the effort is well-balanced and the final outcome is completely worthy of it!
You can peel and refrigerate the almonds earlier, but prepare the soup just before serving in order to enjoy the best texture. Since the soup is white sauced based, it tends to get gooey upon cooling.
Serve with classy Canapés like Parsley and Cottage Cheese Canapes , Mushroom Canapes , Cottage Cheese and Dill Canapés and Rajgira Paratha Canapés .
- Soak the almonds in hot water for 20 minutes, drain and remove the skin.
- Blend the almonds in a mixer till coarse. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the plain flour and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the almond coarse paste, white stock and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the fresh cream, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with almond slivers.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.