Almond Soup ( Eat Well Stay Well Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 91 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 62520 times
Almond soup, remember those childhood days when grandmother use to compel to eat 2 to 3 almonds everyday? almonds are “brain-friendly” foods as they help enhance its function. Here’s a rich and tasty soup that does wonders for your brain.
- Soak the almonds in hot water for 10 minutes, drain and remove the skin.
- Keep 2 to 3 almonds aside and blend the remaining in a mixer till smooth using a little stock.
- Cut the remaining almonds into slivers and bake them in an oven until crisp. Keep aside.
- Add the prepared almond paste to the white stock and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the flour and sauté over a slow flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously, taking care the flour does not discolour.
- Add the almond paste and remaining white stock, mix well and bring to boil, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, almond essence, salt and pepper, mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and mix well. Serve immediately garnished with almond slivers.
- Combine 2 cups of chopped mixed vegetables (potatoes, onions, pumpkin and cabbage) with 5 cups of water and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles, blend till smooth and strain. You will get 4 cups of white stock, use as required.
Nutrient values Per Serving
| 113 calories|| 3.5 gm|| 6.4 gm|| 7.1 gm|| 110.9 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.