by Tarla Dalal
Added to 143 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 59375 times
Almond, an age-old brain food is here to do wonders for your child. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, protein and iron... nutrients that boost brain power. Make it often to keep your kids mentally agile!
- To blanch the almonds, soak them in enough hot water in a bowl for at least 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain and refresh using some cold water and peel them.
- Add ½ cup of milk and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the almond paste, mix well and cook over a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till it turns light pink in colour, while stirring continuously
- Add the remaining ½ cup of milk and ¼ cup of water, mix well and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously
- Add the sugar, cardamom powder and saffron mixture and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 7 minutes or till the sugar dissolves and the ghee separates, while stirring continuously. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Garnish with almond slivers and serve lukewarm or refrigerate and serve chilled.
- This sheera stays fresh for 10 to 15 days when refrigerated. However ensure to reheat it before serving and serve lukewarm.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 88 calories|
|Protein|| 2.1 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 8.0 gm|
|Fat|| 4.1 gm|
|Calcium|| 45.9 mg|
|Iron|| 0.5 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.