by Tarla Dalal
Added to 317 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45245 times
Fit for a festive day, but made without much sweat! Who can resist crisp, perfectly roasted almonds coated in chocolate? Cool well, and treat yourself to these crunchy delights, or wrap them up in attractive papers and gift them to a dear one.
Ensure that the almonds are well roasted so that they remain crisp. Making almond rocks in the microwave retains the aroma of chocolate, without any charring or unnecessary morphing of the flavour. It is as good as melting the chocolate in a double-boiler.
- Spread the almond slices evenly in a plate and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until light pink in colour. Keep aside to cool.
- Put the chocolate into a small microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring once in between after 1½ minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and continuously stir the chocolate until it cools a little.
- Add the almonds and mix well.
- Put small pieces of coated almonds on a tray lined with grease-proof paper or aluminium foil. Keep in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Wrap each rock in a decorative foil and store in the refrigerator.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.