Almond Cake with Jamun Sauce
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 4766 times
Delve into a magical world of cake recipes and prepare the Almond cake with jamun sauce. The almond cake is topped with a rich and eyecatching jamun sauce and then relished garnished with sliced jamuns.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar until light. add almonds. beat egg whites until stiff. fold egg whites into egg yolk mixture.
- Line a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with waxed paper. pour batter into the pan. bake in a 325f oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cool. cut into small squares.
- To make jamun sauce, puree 1/2 cup jamuns in a mixie.
- Dissolve cornstarch in cream. cook cream, remaining jamuns and jamun puree over low heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. cool.
- Stir in sugar substitute.
- To serve, line a serving dish with 1/2 of jamun sauce
- Arrange cake squares over jamun sauce.
- Top with remaining sauce.
- Garnish with sliced jamuns. serve.
This recipe was contributed by deeparah on 31 Jan 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.