Alluring Anthurium, Baby Corn and Capsicum Flowers ( Vegetable Carvings)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17127 times
Use the bright red hues of capsicum and the baby corn to create an attractive anthurium piece with yam as a base. Make it the central attraction in the next kitty pasrty or a formal dinner party.
- Use a knife and make a petal shaped but on the red capsicum.
- Detach the piece from the capsicum with your fingers.
- Using a knife, remove the seeds from the capsicum piece and discard them. Repeat the step 1 to 3 to make 2 to 3 more capsicum pieces. Keep them aside.
- Place a drumstick on the chopping board and using a knife, cut a 6" long piece.
- Make 2 to 3 such long drumstick pieces of different sizes.
- Insert a toothpick on one side of the drumstick.
- Pierce the capsicum piece on it from the centre.
- Pierce the baby corn on top. Repeat the steps 6 to 8 with the remaining drumstick pieces, capsicum pieces and baby corn.
- On the other side of the drumstick pierce one more toothpick.
- Place a broad piece of yam with the base flattened with a knife on a chopping board.
- Pierce the toothpick with drumstick on the yam. Arrange 2 to 3 such drmsticks (stems) on the yam.
- To complete the anthurium, finally decorate it with a few leaves and a fan behind the yam.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.