Alfa Alfa Sprouts Open Sandwich ( Vitamin A and Calcium Rich Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 98 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 110749 times
The Arabs call alfalfa sprouts ‘the father of all foods’! Sprouts are fortified with good amounts of nutrients making it a super healthy food. This Alfalfa Sprouts Open Sandwich is loaded with peppers, olives, tomato and cheese, all of which make it an extremely tasty meal as well. The best part is that being an open sandwich, we can cut down on a slice of bread too!
- Pierce the yellow capsicum with a fork, brush it using ¼ tsp of olive oil evenly over it and roast it over an open flame till it turns black from all the sides.
- Cool, wash it in cold water and remove the skin, stem and seeds and discard them. Cut the capsicum into thin slices and keep aside.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for red and green capsicum.
- Combine the roasted green, yellow and red capsicum slices, remaining 1½ tsp of olive oil, salt and a little pepper powder in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the capsicum mixture into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Cut the footlong bread into 2 pieces from the centre and then cut each piece into 2 halves horizontally. You will get 4 bread halves of 6” each in all.
- Place all the 4 bread halves on a flat, dry surface and core the inner side of each halve so as to form a slight depression.
- Spread ¼th of the marinade evenly on each bread halve.
- Place a portion of the capsicum mixture in the depression of each bread halve and arrange 3 tomato slices over it.
- Place 1½ tbsp of alfa-alfa sprouts and ½ tbsp of black olives evenly on each bread halve.
- Sprinkle ¼ tsp of oregano, a little salt and ¼ tsp of pepper powder on each bread halve.
- Top each bread halve with ½ tbsp of cheese and bake them in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
|Energy|| 178 calories|
|Protein|| 5.0 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 25.5 gm|
|Fat|| 4.3 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 455.2 mcg|
|Calcium|| 45.9 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.