by Tarla Dalal
Added to 120 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 73208 times
Ajwain has such a tantalising aroma and flavour that it can pep up a dish as a standalone spice! You will realise this when you try this mouth-watering Ajwaini Roti. Quick and easy, all it takes it the addition of carom seeds to the flour when making the roti dough, but it makes such a notable difference to the end product. When you cook the rotis with ghee, the aroma that comes out is so luring that you will want to eat it right off the tava. And you can do that if you choose to – because a cup of curds is all you need to serve with this aromatic roti!
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add enough water and knead into a soft dough. Cover the dough with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti using a little ghee, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Serve immediately with curds.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.