Adrak aur Ganne ka Gola
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 47 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20804 times
The streets of Mumbai are dotted with vendors selling "ganne ka ras" (sugarcane juice) extracted by pressing the sweet " ganna" or sugarcane. We are so familiar with the sight of fresh sugarcane juice that it is not a novelty. But when the same is frozen with a dash of ginger juice and lemon, it transforms itself into an exciting and delightful sorbet.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well till the sugar dissolves.
- Freeze in a freezer proof container till it is set (approximately 4 to 6 hours).
- Transfer to a blender and liquidise till it is slushy.
- Serve scoops of the gola in 4 glasses and serve immediately.
- Grate the ginger to extract ginger juice.
- Sugarcane juice must be handled and frozen as quickly as possible as the heat and air tend to discolour it and it also turns rancid quickly.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.