Adai , Diabetic Adai Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 159 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 124180 times
Adai is a very popular snack in parts of South India, where it is served as Breakfast or as supper.
Traditionally, this dosa-like snack is made with a batter of rice and lentils, flavoured with chillies, pepper and other ingredients.
In this diabetic-friendly variant, we have substituted rice with broken wheat, which not only matches up to the original in terms of flavour but also gives a unique texture that is absolutely delectable.
Diabetics can have two Adais for Breakfast , to meet their nutrient requirements.
- Wash and soak the rice, dals and fenugreek seeds in water in separate vessels for 2 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the rice, dals, fenugreek seeds and asafoetida along with enough water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Add the green chillies, ginger, coriander, salt and a little water if required and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick pan and grease it lightly with oil.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the batter to form an adai of 100 mm (4") diameter.
- Cook on both sides till golden brown using a little oil.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 7 more adais.
- Serve hot with garlic tomato chutney.
Nutrient values for 2 adais
| 126 kcal|| 5.4 gm|| 17.9 gm|| 2.8 gm|| 22.2 mg|| 1.6 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.