Adai ( Snack Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 516 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 93432 times
A popular South Indian snack.
- Cover the rice and dals in separate vessels with cold water and leave to soak for 2 hours.
- Drain the dals and rice.
- Put the rice, toovar dal, chana dal, urad dal, red chillies and asafoetida in a blender with a little water and grind to a coarse batter.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the oil for deep frying. If the batter is very thick, add a little water.
- Heat the tava. Spread a little batter on the tava and drop a little oil around the edge of the batter. Allow to cook for a few minutes. When brown spots appear on the edge, turn the adai and cook on the other side.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.