Adai ( Protein Rich Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 47 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 48341 times
Adai, an all-time favourite south indian snack that comprises a mix of different dals with rice, this recipe elevates the protein content of your meal to great heights! dals are good and inexpensive sources of protein. Cereals and pulses lack an amino acid each; hence, the combination of rice and dals improves the protein quality of this dish.
- Clean, wash and soak the rice and dals in enough water separately for at least 2 hours.
- Drain the rice and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste, adding little water.
- Drain the dals, add the red chillies and asafoetida, mix well and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste adding a little water.
- Combine the rice paste and dal paste in a bowl, add the coconut, carrots, cabbage, onions, curry leaves, green chillies and salt to the batter and mix well. Add a little water to make a thick batter.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on a hot tava (griddle), spread to make a 125 mm. (5”) diameter thick circle and cook using ½ tsp of oil till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 7 more adais. Serve hot with coconut chutney.
Nutrient values Per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.