Achaari Dahi Bhindi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 390 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 230577 times
With pungent achaari spices and tangy curds, bhindi takes a new avatar.
- Wash, wipe dry and slit the ladies finger into half and then cut them into 25 mm. (1") pieces.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and sauté the ladies finger in it , in 2 batches. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil another pan and add the achaari masala to it.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger and tomatoes. Sauté for 5 minutes till the mixture leaves oil.
- Meanwhile whisk together the curds, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Add this mixture to the pan, mix well and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the ladies finger and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.