A Checkerboard Of Roses ( Flower Arrangements)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12773 times
While at a party where the game of chess was the theme, our flower expert sonal panchmatia was inspired to create this checkerboard of roses. The arrangement is particularly aimed at embellishing a low dining0table sit-down. Complementing the roses in the arrangement is fresh, green asparagus and fragrant lemongrass.
Add your private note
A Checkerboard Of Roses ( Flower Arrangements) recipe - How to make A Checkerboard Of Roses ( Flower Arrangements)
Makes 1 piece
a square , flat tray , or a sheet of stone floral foam green asparagus of good quality and uniform appearance
roses of similar sizes and colours to match your decor asparagus ferns ( plumosis)
- Soak the piece of foam well in water before placing it on the tray. Keep the tray at the place where you want to set up the arrangement. Slice the foam to a very low height, in keeping with the height of your low dining-table sit-down.
- Depending on their thickness, make four equal-looking bundles of the asparagus, probably using 8 to 10 stems in each. Tie each bundle up with lemongrass and place the bundles along the base of the tray, forming a square. Then tie the four corners with lemongrass to hold the asparagus in place.
- Before using the roses, cut the stems to about 6" to 8" and leave them in water for about 1/2 hour so that they last longer. Here we have chosen pink and white roses.
- Place the roses first in the outer square of the sponge, alternating the white with the pink. Then, in a similar manner, fill up the whole square.
- To finish off, use the asparagus ferns to cover up any spaces where the foam is still visible.
- If you find asparagus difficult to find, use small drumsticks instead.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.