5 Spice Mushroom Rice
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 247 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 59263 times
Mushrooms and Chinese 5 spice powder together make this rice very traditional fare.
<> This dish is a delicate blend of flavours and textures that may not appeal to all, but it's a "must" for those who like to experiment beyond the conventional Chinese fried rice.
- Heat the oil, add the mushrooms and sauté till they are tender.
- Add the dried black mushrooms and sauté for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Add the Chinese 5 spice powder and sauté for ½ a minute.
- Add the rice, sugar and salt and mix well.
- Serve hot.
- Soak the dried mushrooms in hot water for 15 minutes. Remove and discard the stalk.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.